To access the Announcement option in the Apty Studio:
1. Login to the the Apty Studio and select the hosting application you plan to work with. The Apty Studio menu opens.
2. Click on the Validations icon.
3. The system will prompt you to create a Frame, unless it was created earlier. If the required Frame for this page was created earlier, select it from the list.
To learn how to create a Frame, refer to this article.
To create an Announcement:
NOTE: As you are customizing the content and functionality of an Announcement, you can preview it live in the browser area to have an exact idea of how it is going to look to the end users.
3. Define an expected Announcement Action. An Announcement has the capability to:
- be accepted,
- start a Workflow,
- launch a Video, and/or
- Select a Workflow icon from the LAUNCHER OPTIONS.
- Select the Workflow from the Select Workflow drop-down list. Only the Workflows assigned to the same page are displayed at the drop-down list. To create a new Workflow refer to this article.
- Select the step from which the Workflow should launch from the Select Step drop-down list.
5. Announcement is Mandatory:
The acceptance of Announcement by the user becomes mandatory and is going to be used as a part of data tracked for Announcements Analytics. The text label may be changed in the CHECKBOX LABEL field.
Apty offers 12 predefined positions to locate the Announcement on the canvas of a browser application. Click the position to preview the Announcement position in the live mode.
- Element Presence,
- Label Comparison,
- Spotlight Comparison,
- Custom Script.
Each of the options is described below.
When Element presence is selected, the Announcement display is determined by the presence or absence of a selected Element.
To define the element of the hosting application which should determine the display of the Announcement, select Element Presence from the Conditions drop-down list. The control is now passed to the browser window to click on the element of the hosting application to define its significance.
- The element selected can be changed by Re-selecting element.
- Multiple conditions of Element Presence type can be added.
Label Comparison is an alternative to the Element Presence but on top of checking the presence of an element it also compares the value in the element. If the value provided while creating an Announcement matches / not matches with the value selected by the end user, the Announcement appears.
- To set up Label Comparison, click Select Label. The control is now passed to the browser window to define the element, the input for which is going to be tested.
- Access comparison criteria from the drop-down list: Equal, NotEqual, Regex, Contains, EmptyValue, NotEmptyValue.
- Define the relation between the Label and value based on the defined comparison criterion.
NOTE: Multiple Label Comparisons can be done at a time.
Spotlight comparison follows the same logic as Label Comparison and can be applied to any editable fields with values as opposed to Labels.
The appearance of Announcement can be controlled based on the script that can be customized as required.
comes into play for advanced condition control.
NOTE: This display option may be combined with other Conditions specified above.
9. Click Save to start using a new Announcement. It is now available as a part of a Frame in the Admin Console, but to make it active, the Frame should be published.