Apty Assist may be connected to multiple applications that require navigational assistance, instructional materials, as well as analysis of overall usage. For example, your organization may be using a customer relationship management system like Salesforce, along with a project management system and another third party software for helping your team to cope with their daily tasks. To add instructional tools to all of these applications, your organization requires only one instance of Apty Assist, which will serve as a hub for all of the third party applications you are using, including custom ones.
As of July 2019 letzNav, Inc. has been rebranded to Apty, Inc. Due to this change, the product components have been renamed as follows:
The initial configurations of a connected application are performed at:
|PATH: Admin Console > on the left-side panel select the application > Manage Current Application|
The Manage Current Application page consists of 3 tabs and functions on each of them are described in this article:
To access initial application configuration options follow the steps below:
2. On the left side-panel select the application to proceed working with.
3. On the application menu click the Gear icon to open the Manage Current Application page. The setup screen appears as shown in the screenshot below.
4. Following are the fields on the Manage Current Application page > General Settings tab:
Name of the application for which content is created using this Admin instance. This field has no length restrictions.
A short unique code, which is manually assigned to the client application for easier identification within the Admin Console. It is displayed at the left sidebar of the Admin panel. It can be configured up to 3 characters max. In this example, the key for this application is "APP" and this is the code that has been selected from the left side-panel in step 2.
URL of the instance of the hosting application instance where the Apty content is published and available in the Assist Client for end users.
URL of the instance of the hosting application instance where the Apty content is published and available in the Assist Client for reviewing / testing and ensuring quality of content and correctness of guidance before making it accessible to the end user.
A radio button that allows selecting Production URL or Pre-Production URL field.
Upon choosing a hosting application every time you open the Apty Assist Studio, it is automatically opened in the browser. If multiple instances of the client application are used for production and development purposes, use the respective fields and specify production and pre-production URLs for launching them, and set one of them as a default source URL to be used for working with the Assist Studio. As a result, when the application is selected in the Assist Studio, the defined instance is going to be automatically launched in the browser.
Type of the application the current hosting application refers to. Choose from the drop down list if applicable.
The container score can now be configured based on the application requirement by clicking Customize at the bottom of the screen. Custom configurations that are specific to the application can be introduced. For example, Custom configurations include ignoring classes or ids or attributes.
NOTE: Container is a list of HTML elements between selected element and the body of the page. Container score is used to identify whether the element belongs to the page by searching for specified HTML attributes (id, class, name, and value).
5. Manage Current Application page > User Identification tab: helps to identify users in the hosting application which is used to capture Onboardings Analytics. There are 4 ways to identify a user in Apty Assist:
- Apty ID: This option generates a Unique ID that will differ for every instance of the Assist Client.
- Cookie: This option takes a cookie name which will be present when the Application is loaded. This cookie is used to identify the user.
- Variable: This option takes a Window variable, which will be checked when the user loads the site along with connected Assist Client.